Just in case all the New Year resolutions are getting you down, here is a quick cake treat to get your through the week. We’ve even heard if you eat it slowly and really enjoy it, there isn’t as many calories!
• 35g of plain flour • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 tsp baking powder • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
• 1/8 tsp salt • 65ml milk
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil • 1 tbsp chocolate spread
TOPPING for Cake
• Grated chocolate and popcorn
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and the batter has no lumps.
3. Pour batter into a microwave safe mug. Make sure your mug has enough space at the top to allow for it to rise in the microwave and not spill over.
4. Add the chocolate spread in the middle of the batter – just drop it into the middle, there is no need to push it down as it will do that on it’s own as it cooks!
5. Place a paper towel underneath your mug in the microwave to catch any batter that may overflow then microwave for 70 seconds on high (please note this was tested in a 950 watts microwave oven – if yours differs, adjust the cooking time accordingly by 10 seconds).
6. Remove from the microwave, leave to stand for a minute or two then top with some grated chocolate and sweet popcorn and enjoy!
Let us know how you get on, we’d love to see your cakes!
Whilst eating your cheeky cake treat, why not have a gander through our website and stock up on stationery